Categories

VG1-5 update

It has been a while since we have chatted about the VG1-5 so I thought an update was in order. All the individual parts have been made and the first non-firing copy was made. This last weekend we finished a testing example to try and determine if any problems exist. We looked at everything from the barrel chamber and flutes to the firing pin length. We needed to check the recoil spring length and tension. Is the buffer spring to strong or weak. Will the fire control group work properly. All the drawings showed that everything should work but these are all questions that can only be answered during a test fire.

The test rifle that we made uses all the same parts that the rifles we are going to sell but uses parts that we can not sell. We actually ended up with 2 receivers that did not come out as nice as I would like. One will be sent to the ATFE for approval and the other will be shot to death with proof loads to determine strength and safety.

So a very basic testing rig was made to hook up to the firing tube and testing began.

DSC_4544s

DSC_4548s

DSC_4546sThe initial test showed the firing pin worked properly but it was not ejecting properly and the cases were falling back into the receiver.

DSC_4564cs

We then lengthened the ejector and re-tested the rifle. The rifle fire and ejected properly. These are the fired cases after the ejector was lengthened.

DSC_4566cs

This final picture shows the fluting marks on the case.

DSC_4567cs

So far the tests have been successful. Then we tested for proper engagement of the secondary sear. The manually testing we did showed good engagement and the disconnector operated properly. However during actual live fire testing the secondary sear did not catch properly.

This is a video of the tests.

 

We should have the secondary sear problem corrected and then we will test proper magazine feed and proof the rifle

9 comments to VG1-5 update

Leave a Reply

  

  

  


*

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>