When we last attempted to flute the chamber of the VG1-5 we had some movement in the press itself causing the fluting tool to snap.
We have made a number of changes to the fluting press to correct some of its short comings.
Here is a video of those changes.
Now on to the […]
With the router table completed, for the most part, we started working on the stocks for the VG1-5 rifle. This video takes the stock from a rough sawed pattern to the finished dimensional stock.
To complete this task we used two different router bits. The first bit
being a bearing guided bit that rides […]
Another weekend has come and gone. I just do not know where the time goes anymore. The weekend ends seem to take forever to get here and in a flash they are gone.
There were two main projects that I needed to complete this weekend. The first is re-work and finish up the router table. […]
This last weekend I started making the stocks for the VG1-5. This is a multi step process in which the basic board is measured, have the edge squared, re-sawed, planed,and generally set up to then make the stock.
This is the video for part one.
So I am starting with this.
And end up […]
With the last of the fittings here I was able to hook up the hydraulics to the fluting press.
I have a short video of it operating.
The next step is to finish attaching the dro. then to fluting barrels
Here at gun Lab a terrific day was had. My wife cooked an outstanding meal using her new and almost completed kitchen. There was ham,turkey,stuffing,potatoes,and all the necessary fixings to go with them. Friends and family were her to enjoy the meal.
As for myself The day off was perfect. I was able to get […]
I spent most of this weekend working on my router table. The VG1-5 is coming along and one of the major next steps is the stock for the rifle. I need the router table to do this. I did not have much of an opportunity to work on it last weekend, so it was full […]
On our last update we discussed the newly design disconnector, http://gunlab.net/update-on-the-vg1-5-project/.
With this new disconnector we have now hand fitted all the fire control groups. Once this task was completed we then took apart all the fire control groups to do the last heat treating.
This now finishes the last of […]
Like all weekends I started out with a list that I could not possibly get done in the time frame allotted.
There were projects that I have been wanting to accomplish that are fun. Some of the things I needed to finish were under the direction of the commander in chief of the house. Some […]
We have been working on the fire control group and once again have made a few changes for more reliable operation and safety. We continue to have issues with the disconnector operating properly. There were issues with the hammer spring improperly contacting the disconnector. An additional problem came about with insufficient spring pressure to hold […]