In the last update on the router I showed a picture of the milled angle plate that was made here.
This weekend I started wiring up this block. I first tried using solder connectors. With out the proper soldering iron that turn into a disaster. After ruining a number of 9 pin connectors due to excessive heat I gave up.
The next approach I tried was using crimp connectors. For this I bought a crimp tool, special wire and insulation, and male and female connectors and pins.
This process was more aggravating then the first one. So, it was off to Fry’s electronics to buy a new crimping tool. No such luck. There was no crimping tools at all, however they did have a large selection of pencil tip soldering irons.
After a couple of hours trying to get in a mode and working out all the bugs in the procedure I finished 1/2 of one plug. With 12 plugs to do I couple be dead for really old age before I finish this one step.
This whole process was a little nerve racking and when I finally got a procedure that I liked the tip went out on the soldering iron. Now new tips have been ordered and I hope to be back on schedule this next weekend. Only 12 more sets to install.
I also made up the first of four wire hook up circuits to go from the control panel to the angle junction block.