This pistol came about for usage by the Mexican military through a presidential decree in 1893 by president Porfirio Diaz.
The pistol was built in Liege, Belgium by the Pieper firm. It uses a gas seal design where the cylinder moves forward to seal it during firing. This is the same concept as the Nagant revolver. It is a seven shot double and single action revolver. The total contract was for 5000 pistols.
Markings on the cylinder